Closing Out The Books? Ensure They’re Right
When your closing procedures are systematic and well-managed, the result is a set of financial statements that are accurate and useful to end users.
The Task Management module automates and streamlines many accounting and finance processes within the company, which frees up staff to focus on execution and accuracy. Task Management incorporates built in workflows that allows task assignment and tracking across multiple locations. Task dependencies, certifications, and email notifications ensure that each task is on track and deadlines are established, communicated, and met. Real-time dashboards and robust reporting capabilities give management immediate visibility into completed and outstanding items.
- Checklists – Manage your month-end tasks, recurring journal entries, operational checklists, and auditor PBC lists from one, centralized close platform.
- Control the close – Real-time dashboards and reports can transform your close with unmatched transparency and business intelligence. Dashboards show reports, statistics, and other insights to help you understand the value of each task.
- Compliance – Structure and schedule your close while also keeping with best practices and company policies so that audits run smoothly and you close your financial periods on time.
Not all organizations are the same and the timing of closing entries can vary not only from company to company but by department within the same organization. BlackLine allows you to configure your task lists to reflect the processes you need to have done, when you need to do them, all included in an easy-to-use, configurable dashboard.
Some common task lists that are incorporated into task management include:
- Month-end close checklists, both enterprise-wide and departmental
- Auditor PBC lists
- Operational checklists
- Exception handling and research
- Tax filings
- Compliance framework and internal controls
- Recurring journals
Perform your period closing across multiple departments.
Including the ability to use multiple currencies with ease.
Key Features And Benefits
- Easy automation of manual closing and reconciling entries.
- Visibility into operational processes with comprehensive real-time dashboards and reporting.
- Reduce reliance on manually maintained spreadsheets.
- Simplify auditor interaction and audit response.
- Outlook-style task calendar color codes tasks by priority and timeliness.
- Automatically schedule recurring tasks in relation to your period end date.
- Set up custom frequencies and calendars.
- Attach comments to all tasks as temporary review notes, one-time comments, or recurring text that carries over into future future tasks for future period closing.
- Configurable task dependencies guarantee they are correctly sequenced with related activities.
- Online document depository securely stores all attachments associated with each task in a view-only format.
- Configurability allows the creation and coexistence of different types of task lists and processes.
- Real-time notifications alert users to pending tasks to keep the process moving.
- Global times zones are supported with flexible due dates, calendars, and holidays to homogenize geographic differences.