Perform your period closing across multiple departments.
Including the ability to use multiple currencies with ease.
Click the image below for the Liberty Latin America presentation!
Not all organizations are the same and the timing of closing entries can vary not only from company to company but by department within the same organization. BlackLine allows you to configure your task lists to reflect the processes you need to have done, when you need to do them, all included in an easy-to-use, configurable dashboard.
Some common task lists that are incorporated into task management include:
- Month-end close checklists, both enterprise-wide and departmental
- Auditor PBC lists
- Operational checklists
- Exception handling and research
- Tax filings
- Compliance framework and internal controls
- Recurring journals
Key Features And Benefits
- Easy automation of manual closing and reconciling entries.
- Visibility into operational processes with comprehensive real-time dashboards and reporting.
- Reduce reliance on manually maintained spreadsheets.
- Simplify auditor interaction and audit response.
- Outlook-style task calendar color codes tasks by priority and timeliness.
- Automatically schedule recurring tasks in relation to your period end date.
- Set up custom frequencies and calendars.
- Attach comments to all tasks as temporary review notes, one-time comments, or recurring text that carries over into future future tasks for future period closing.
- Configurable task dependencies guarantee they are correctly sequenced with related activities.
- Online document depository securely stores all attachments associated with each task in a view-only format.
- Configurability allows the creation and coexistence of different types of task lists and processes.
- Real-time notifications alert users to pending tasks to keep the process moving.
- Global times zones are supported with flexible due dates, calendars, and holidays to homogenize geographic differences.