Ensure The Accuracy Of Your Financial Data
The account reconciliation function of BlackLine software will automate and standardize your reconciliation process. Too often, these entries are done manually. Even with a computerized financial accounting system, this leads to human errors when it comes time to close out an accounting period. It is also time consuming which is why some of these entries can be automated.
BlackLine’s account reconciliation software takes control of this process by using your current accounting software to prepare and automatically process period-end adjusting entries. It drives the accuracy of the financial close by providing accountants with a streamlined way to verify the accuracy of trial balances. This allows your business to prepare a balance sheet that incorporates different business divisions and is accurate to the minute.
Key Features And Benefits
- Designed by accountants with a focus on compliance and control.
- Real-time dashboards and reporting give you unprecedented visibility into reconciliation status, timeliness, content and quality.
- Quickly compare general ledger data to investigate discrepancies.
- Auto-certification of low-risk accounts through configurable rules, and decertification of reconciliation when underlying account balances change.
- Standardized, customizable templates to provide consistency across business units and accounting groups.
- Attach documentation and utilize integrated secure document storage to manage and protect all attachments and supporting documentation.
- Account ownership and built-in workflows for preparation, review, and approval that maintain proper segregation of duties.
- Comprehensive dashboards and reporting give real-time visibility into status, exceptions, potential impact, and points of risk.
- Gain unprecedented visibility into the accounting processes.
- Multi-currency and multi-language support to provide a global presence.
- Reduced errors and increased confidence in the accuracy of finalized financial data.
- Simplified audits with controlled, secure auditor access to online information and detailed account information that allows for accurate audit trails.
- Paperless processes that eliminate printing, binders, and extensive storage.
- Visibility into the status and potential impact of all pending account reconciliations.
A Software as a Service tool.
With industry-leading security, availability, and accessibility.
With Account Reconciliation From BlackLine You Can:
Streamline the reconciliation process – BlackLine is an intuitive interface that includes standardized templates and workflows for preparation, approval, and review. The software also links to policies and procedures, and integrated storage of supporting documentation for easy auditing.
Dramatically enhance internal controls – This software removes the risk and inaccuracy of old paper-based, manual spreadsheets by maintaining proper segregation of duties. Once the period has been closed, the software creates post-certification, view-only records and automatically adds new ERP accounts.
Standardize and optimize your accounting processes – Enforce standardization across the reconciliation process to improve quality and accuracy of your financial data. By modernizing the approach to defining the account reconciliation process, you reduce errors and inaccuracies so accountants can focus on analysis, risk mitigation, and exception handling.