Eliminate Tedious Manual Labor
The matching principle is one of the most basic guidelines in accounting as it directs a company to report an expense on its income statement in the same period as related revenues. Not all transactions have a direct cause and effect relationship though, and some expenses may even have to be allocated to the month in which the cost is used up. For example, if your company purchases a new computer system that has a useful life of 24 months, the company will have to match a portion of that expense for each period to the reporting period.
This is why, when your organization performs period-end entries, the matching process is such a time-consuming task. These high-volume reconciliations can be some of the most time-consuming and painful components of the financial close process. The need to organize millions of individual transactions that are error prone and can occupy hundreds of hours each month that is under the same accounting software. A dedicated, account reconciliation transaction manager is essential to a successful reconciliation process.
The BlackLine Transaction Matching product can streamline and automate detail-heavy reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, credit card matching, intercompany reconciliations and invoice-to-PO matching. It contains a state-of-the-art matching engine with powerful and configurable pass rules designed by business users to meet their specific challenges. The user-defined, logic-driven process lets you automate any cash, credit card, intercompany, or other high-volume reconciliation.
Transaction Matching products rapidly deliver measurable ROI.
With easy integration and configuration.
Key Features And Benefits
- Automatically import, parse and manipulate transaction data from any source, in any format, and according to any schedule.
- Handle high volumes of closing and reconciling transactions quickly and easily, matching up to one million transactions per minute.
- Match any type of data from multiple data sources with flexible, rule-driven match sets
- Intelligent “dynamic grouping” finds the best combinations of matches through high-level algorithms.
- Match one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many pairings.
- Express configurable tolerance thresholds numerically or as percentages.
- Reduce the time required to perform transactional reconciliations.
- Streamline communications with built in workflow and exception handling.
- Automatically import data from any editable file format or data source.
- Create reconciling items and adjusting journal entries in bulk based on user-defined logic.
- Create and employ match sets on an ad hoc basis with a powerful and intuitive interface
- Reduce manual labor with defined matching rules that run swiftly and automatically as needed.
- Reduce keying errors by eliminating spreadsheet ticking and tying.