The BlackLine Task Management product provides a configurable, web-based platform for managing accounting and finance tasks and processes. It utilizes a hierarchical task list and workflows to automate numerous manual processes. Some of the types of task lists commonly incorporated into the Task Management module include:
- Month-end close checklists, both corporate and departmental
- Auditor PBC lists
- Operational checklists
- Exception handling and research
- Tax filings
- Compliance frameworks and internal controls
- Recurring journals
As part of the BlackLine Finance Controls and Automation Suite, Task Management incorporates built in workflows that allows task assignment and tracking across multiple locations. Task dependencies, certifications, and email notifications ensure that each task is on track and deadlines are established, communicated, and met. Real-time dashboards and robust reporting capabilities give management immediate visibility into completed and outstanding items.
- Configurable task dependencies guarantee correct sequence and roll-up of related activities.
- Online document repository stores and protects all attachments associated with the completion of a task in a view-only format.
- High level of configurability allows the creation and coexistence of many different types of task lists and processes.
- Real-time notifications alert users to pending tasks and keep the process moving.
- Global time zones are supported with flexible due dates, calendars and holidays, eliminating the difficulties caused by geographic differences.
- Easy automation of manual tasks and workflows
- Visibility into operational processes with comprehensive real-time dashboards and reporting
- Reduce reliance on manually maintained spreadsheet-based checklists
- Dramatically simplify auditor interaction and audit response
BlackLine’s multi-purpose Task Management module automates and streamlines many accounting and finance processes within the company, adding value by freeing staff and managers to focus on execution.