The BlackLine Journal Entry product provides a controlled, templated approach to centralizing manual journal entries. It is a complete journal entry management system that allows you to create, review, and approve journals, then electronically certify and store them with all supporting documentation. Journals can be posted to the general (or sub) ledger systems either on demand or in a batch on a schedule. Moreover, pre-posting validation means journals are not rejected from the general ledger due to entry errors.
As an integrated component of The BlackLine Finance Controls and Automation Suite, the Journal Entry module ensures seamless integration of journals with reconciling items, transaction matching groups and exception handling.
- Integrated workflow streamlines the approval process and creates a full audit trail
- Configurable journal templates are compatible with different general and sub ledger systems and precisely capture the information needed for a particular journal type
- Powerful validation rules and relational look-up tables prevent failed journals that require follow up
- Import journal and/or journal lines from report writers or spreadsheets
- One click easily clones journals for recurring entries
- Automatic posting and status tracking provide real-time updates
- Centralize all information concerning a given journal in one easily accessible place with comments, documents and links to underlying matching transactions and reconciling items
- Reduce time spent following up on each journal entry that has errors
- Reduce audit questions by providing auditor access
- Attach supporting documentation to journal entries electronically, reducing paper costs and lost work papers